First, let's go over a quick review of mold. All molds are fungi, just like mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is relatively rare in the fungus kingdom, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't harmful. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you contact a commercial mold removal Garner NC company for cleanup help if the mold you discover takes up more than about 36 square inches. When you see any large amount of mold growth, though, it's a good idea to reach out for help from professional mold damage cleanup. Certified technicians can help you make sure there is no hidden mold in other spots around the structure using tools such as temperature sensors, moisture detectors and more.

Before you select any expert, make sure that they are licensed and registered properly and that they are certified by groups such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. You may also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.

You should remove any fungal growth you come across to stop further harm, and do it right away. If you don't, parasitic fungi will continue to feast on your home or business and can destroy your possessions. Some types of mold, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health problems ranging from brain damage. Mold in the environment can be particularly dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.

^